Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Night

I'm not feeling too creative tonight; it might be the stress of going to work tomorrow. I only work three days a week (Monday-Wednesday) but at a call centre that seems like an eternity! Thursday is usually spent unwinding, Friday getting caught up on housework, Saturday doing family things and Sunday psyching myself up to go back to work Monday.

So it's Oscar Night and I should be watching (or so it would seem from posts on fb). Is there something wrong with me if I'm not glued to the awards ceremony? Don't get me wrong, I have been keeping up to date via twitter and facebook! From what I've heard Gwyneth Paltrow is best dressed, Christopher Plummer (yah Canada) has won an oscar, and Angelina is showing too much skin (apparently her leg already has twitter followers)! I hear that Billy Crystal brought his flare back as host, animated short goes to a Louisiana Swamp Rat? and Robert Downey Junior was caught Tebowing! Woody Allen wins for Best Original Screenplay and is a no show? To be honest I didn't realize he still made movies. Did Meryl Streep lose again? She and Susan Lucci must be running neck in neck for losses (actually I think Susan Lucci may have finally won an Emmy). Best Supporting Actress to Octavia Spencer for her role in The Help. I really liked that movie. I seem to remember as a young child that we had a cleaning lady who came once or twice a week. I think she was a black lady and although I don't really remember I'm sure she was not treated that way (I would be ashamed of my Mom if she was). It sounds as though the biggest thing I did miss was the Cirque de Soleil show.

To be honest if AMC's The Walking Dead hadn't been on tonight I might have watched the Oscars. Yes there you have it, I am a fan of the Walkers! I started watching a few episodes into the first season and although some of it is very gross I am hooked! I probably could have watched it at midnight but I likely would have fallen asleep and missed it. Did I just hear on the news that George Clooney lost? Oh now I'm glad I wasn't watching! Oops this just in Meryl Streep did win! It's about time, this was 14 nominations? Well that's the extent of my interest as I understand that a movie called The Artist is set to win Best Picture. I didn't see it and thus far don't intend to.

So it's off to the shower and bed for me as tomorrow will be here before I know it and I will be on my way to my nightmare call centre job! Just three days, I can make it! Can't I just win the lottery? It would be so much easier. Goodnight all and have a pleasant tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment