Thursday, March 1, 2012

Quick Wit Sister

My daughters are 17 and 12. I try not to get too involved in their spats as they come and go. For any mothers, daughters and/or sisters out there you know what I mean. I can never win if I try to intervene and I never know the right time to do so. There are times when I step in only to be told that they are just having fun. The fact that somebody is about to lose an eye does not occur to either of them.

For some reason in my home it always seems to be the youngest getting the best of her older sister. My eldest daughter is rather touchy (partly her age). She can dish it out but does not like when it comes back at her and this is often when the fights occur. Although I must admit, my youngest really knows how to push peoples' buttons!

For any of you who have a sister you know that it's a love hate relationship. I never know when I come home from work if they are going to be buddies curled up watching a favorite show or enemies with battlegrounds drawn, doors slamming, and screaming at each other. Sometimes they say things to each other in the heat of the moment that makes them pause and laugh and they can't help but be friends again. Last night when I got home they were arguing because the 17 year old found all of her earrings she had been looking for in the jewellery box of her younger sister. Instead of owning up the youngest asked why her sister had gone into her room. A bit of an arguement ensued and words were exchanged (at least nothing was being thrown not even punches).

The arguement actually ended in laughter when the younger one told her sister "If I ever need a brain transplant I would like yours because it's unused!". All three of us burst out laughing and the world was again at harmony. That's life with sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment